Saturday, June 13, 2009

RECOMMENDED TO VISIT!

Neldy Jolo
.
Sulu has been part of international turmoil. Thus needs help to bring back the peak of calmness. When I was in Jolo, I told myself that I am one of the luckiest men in the world. Sulu is bitterly known as the “Island of No Return” and “No Man's Island”.
.
Many people wanted to visit Sulu, especially Jolo because of the reputation as centre for international pearl trading it has for centuries. I am proud that somehow Jolo still lingered in the mind of the international community.
.
Asreesulu or Asreemoro contacted me then that he wanted to visit Sulu for sometimes because his ancestor was originated from here. I told him that “I can guarantee your safety” when will visit Jolo soon. I was actually afraid of what I told him because I cannot be sure of my words to him that “he is safe to visit Jolo.”
.
Still my trust and confidence to let him visit Jolo was surrendered to God. I knew that Tausug people are not that bad as ever known to the people who hate them. Tausug people are just wanted to be given justice but some are not doing good things and let their people be part of the criticism of others as “uncivilized people”.
.
I am strongly recommending Jolo, Sulu and other islands around it to be visited, not to give damn of the kidnapping here for I believe it is not the real natives here who facilitated this business. The Tausug people are just victim of the situation of the political, social, economical and cultural chaos. The Tausug people became the collateral of the Sulu people elite to serve the interest to own Sulu as their business assets.
.
What Tausug people are waiting for now is the shining armour that could serve as the buffer of evil that strikes Sulu for so long. Bring back the glorified memories of Sulu from the cradle of peaceful end to the present conflict and dilemma..As I heard from a Tausug elder, he said “as long as the Bud Tumantangis still standing erect, no evil traits that can destroy and drown Sulu.” Thus Sulu’s memory of the past shall become the glory of the future!

Please visit http://theislandsofpearls.blogspot.com/2009/06/glory-of-memory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment